Made in USA

We do it all from our home base in Indianapolis.

Here for You

Top level support form the source. We can help with photo advice too!

Built with Love

Individually checked for fit and water pressure tested to 200' (60m).


We are supported by our network of dealers in over 95 countries.

SKU: 40232US

DS232 213Ws Underwater TTL Strobe with Video Light

Sale price$ 1,495.00
Configuration: Strobe with Battery Pack & Charger
Charger Type: USA Charger
Some situations underwater require as much light as you can get. The DS232 packs more flash capacitance to cut through the water and deliver sharper, more colorful, professional looking wide angle images. The DS232 has the power you need whether you're shooting in a pool studio or out in the open water.
Ikelite DS230 DS160 DS161 DS51 underwater strobes

Industry-Leading Technology

Quality of light in a lightweight package

The most powerful tool for underwater still and video

There's a simple rule to underwater lighting: more is better. A fast and powerful strobe is the easiest way to improve your underwater photos.

View comparison chart

10 steps in 1/2-stop increments

Strobe Connector

Ikelite Bulkhead

Aiming Light

2500 Lumen Video Light

Color Temperature


Depth Rating

330 feet (100 meters)


2.7 lb

I have been shooting Ikelite strobes for over 40 years. 95% of my library of over 300,000 images have been shot with Ikelite strobes. The remaining 5% are available light. The clean wide angle of coverage of these strobes have been essential to my success with these images.

David Fleetham, Professional Photographer

I often need several strobes for my work in underwater caves. I have been using Ikelite strobes since about 1988, having exhausted several generations (and two color schemes)! Ikelite has always offered a robust build, high power and reliability. That is very important to me in the field.

Jill Heinerth, Explorer & Professional Photographer

Ikelite strobes have illuminated pictures in all my 38 books of the ocean and over 500 of my features in magazines. Ikelite strobes have lighted my subjects and scenes from beneath the Arctic to the Antarctic and underwater imageries from all seven oceans. As a working professional, I have tried and tested many other brands, Ikelite is the finest in its class bar none.

Michael AW, Professional Photographer

I’ve spent months shooting underneath the Antarctic ice in the past 20 years, including filming for the BBC Life series. Ikelite strobes have been the only ones I found to be dependable enough for professional use in the harshest conditions on Earth.

Norbert Wu, Professional Photographer

In a trip to the Revillagigedo Archipelago, I was fortunate enough to witness hundreds of the ocean's top predators and nailed each shot time and time again. With quick recycle times and accurate TTL, the only time I touched my strobes was to adjust position and paint the light the way I wanted it in a scene.

Nirupam Nigam, Underwater Photography Guide

Taken with Ikelite DS230 Strobe copyright Josh Blank

© Blank • Liechti • Mueller

Taken with DS strobes underwater

Taken with Ikelite DS230 Strobe copyright Fritz Liechti

© Blank • Liechti • Mueller

Taken with DS strobes underwater

Taken with Ikelite DS230 Strobe copyright Brandi Mueller

© Blank • Liechti • Mueller

Taken with DS strobes underwater

See more

Have questions?

We're here for you for every step along the way. Email for help on gear selection, assembly, camera settings, and photo advice. We can even help you decide where to dive!

Instruction manual


DS Strobes by the Numbers

Our strobes are designed to fit your needs from wide angle to macro. Need help deciding? Email and tell us about your photography goals.

Return to description

213 watt-sec

160 watt-sec

50 watt-sec

Coverage Angle




Color Temperature





10 steps in 1/2 stop increments

10 steps in 1/2 stop increments

6 steps in 1/2-stop increments

Recycle Time

1.2 sec or faster

1.0 sec or faster

3.5 sec or faster