ST1K Sony Alpha TTL Kit with HotshoeProduct # 46040
About this Product
This product is out of stock and permanently out of production. It has been replaced with the DL2 DS Link Sony TTL Converter Ikelite ST1 Hotshoe Kit.
Add true TTL communication to your housing to unlock the fastest rapid-firing and most accurate strobe exposure available. The TTL converter fits securely into the housing underneath the camera mounting tray with plug-and-play cabling for quick, simple installation.
Using TTL ("Thru-the-lens") metering, the camera evaluates the amount of light in the scene and the position of the subject and adjusts the external strobe(s)' power accordingly for a properly lit photo. All you need to do is set the strobe on TTL and pull the trigger.
Advantages to TTL
Several key advantages mean that you'll never miss the shot:
- You never have to change the power settings on your strobes.
- Your strobes will recycle faster.
- You can focus on your composition and camera settings.
- Your camera and strobe batteries will last longer.
- Support for Rear Curtain Sync flash mode.
A direct electrical connection to the strobe by sync cord means that the camera is aware that an external strobe is attached and can use this information for more accurate exposure. Strobe exposure compensation can be added or subtracted through the camera's menus.
Our internal TTL circuitry and hot shoe is designed for use with select Ikelite housings for Sony DSLR cameras, see Housing Compatibility below. Not intended for use with non-Ikelite housings.
- # 71472 / 200DL Housing for Sony Alpha A7 II, A7R II, A7R II
- # 71473 / 200DL Housing for Sony Alpha A7 III, A7R III, A9
Not compatible with any other models except as listed above
Not compatible with non-Ikelite housings
- Ikelite DS50 above serial # 70000
- Ikelite DS51
- Ikelite DS125 above serial # 5000
- Ikelite DS160, DS161
- Ikelite DS200 above serial # 7163