Are you still shooting a DSLR camera from 5 or 10 years ago? Now is the time to upgrade to a new DSLR or full frame mirrorless camera.
If you're currently using an old Four Lock (FL) DSLR housing and ports, you are eligible for a special trade up credit towards the purchase of a new housing with Dry Lock (DL) lens ports.
How To Trade Up
Your eligible housing and lens port(s) can be exchanged for a trade up credit towards the purchase of a 50DL or 200DL underwater housing when purchased together with DL-series lens port(s).
No cash value. Terms and conditions apply. Contact us or a participating Authorized Dealer for details.
Get Your Quote
Advantages of the Dry Lock (DL) System
- The unique Dry Lock design keeps water away from your camera's sensor during lens changes.
- The Dry Lock sealing o-ring is located on the housing's port mount - not the port itself - making it easier to see and maintain.
- Dry Lock housings and ports are significantly lighter than their Ikelite Four Lock or aluminum counterparts without compromising durability or function.
- Dry Lock housings have more ergonomic controls including our super natural trigger-style shutter lever and soft-touch control knobs. Hard anodized aluminum push buttons operate more smoothly and are easier to maintain.
- All 50DL and 200DL underwater housings feature a built-in vacuum valve. By pulling a vacuum on the system you can test for leaks prior to entering the water.
- Our special light gray color keeps your camera cooler in the sun compared to black or clear housings.
- A front loading camera mount makes set up easier. The camera mount plate is ultra low-profile so that it won't get in your way when making memory card changes, charging batteries, or shooting on the surface. You can even attach it directly to a tripod for slow exposures and time lapse shooting.
Questions & Answers
Can I use my old ports?
The trade up credit only applies when purchasing a new DL-series lens port(s) together with an eligible 50DL or 200DL underwater housing.
Can I keep my old tray and handle?
Each new housing ships with a Tray with Left Hand Quick Release Handle # 4077.67. Compared to older tray and handles our new design is lighter and stronger. It can be extended to a dual tray and handles by adding the optional Right Hand Quick Release Handle # 4077.02 and Trigger Extension # 4077.93.
If your quick release handles have red over-molding, then you can attach the tray using the 1/4-20 hardware set that comes with the new housing. If you have all-black handles with wing nuts on the bottom you will need Hardware Set # 9523.26 to attach it to the new housing.
What if I want a new housing for my existing camera?
What if I want a compact mirrorless or compact DSLR system?
We are happy to help you select the right system for your needs. The trade up credit only applies when purchasing a 50DL or 200DL underwater housing for a DSLR or full frame mirrorless cameras and corresponding DL lens port(s).
What if I change my mind?
When traded directly through Ikelite you have 30 days to evaluate the new system. If you wish to return to your old system before the end of 30 days, contact us regarding the exchange. Products must be in new condition with all original packaging and accessories. We do not accept the return of housings that have been in the water.
When working through an Authorized Ikelite Dealer, contact your dealer for terms and conditions.