Originally from Scotland, I have always had a fascination with the natural world and in particular the ocean. After finishing a degree in Engineering I took the opportunity to travel. This was the best decision I have ever made, as it was traveling that really developed my passion for photography. I was, and still very much am, dedicated to capturing the real beauty of the places I visit.
Soon after leaving Scotland I began working as a PADI Dive instructor and purchased my first underwater housing (Ikelite of course). Photography was no longer just a part of my life, it had become my life.
I now work as a freelance photographer and expedition guide, leading a variety of tours and workshops to encounter and photograph animals such as humpback whales and orca. Spending most of my time in the water scuba and freediving in remote locations requires durable and reliable equipment. Thankfully Ikelite has always delivered!
I have always been absolutely mesmerized by the stories that a wide angle photograph can tell and love the way over-under style imagery can create a visual connection between the terrestrial world we all know and the more mysterious underwater world. Through my images I aim to show off the amazing life we have on our planet in hope of inspiring more people to experience it for themselves and most importantly care for it!
Awards + Achievements
- British Underwater Photographer of the Year 2018
- Deep Indonesia 1st place in the Divers category 2018
- Deep Indonesia 1st place in the Over-Unders category 2018
- 1st place advanced category ‘DIVE Pacific’ magazine 2018
- Underwater Photography Magazine front cover issue 101
- Featured ‘Photographer Of The Week’ on Dive Photo Guide
- Featured ‘Photographer Of The Week’ in Scuba Diver magazine
- Featured ‘Photographer Of The Week’ in Photography Masterclass magazine Published in Outdoor photographer of the year 2017
- Published in British Wildlife Photography Awards 2017