This Zoom Gear # 5509.32 is compatible with the following lenses:
• Canon RF 24-105mm f/4 IS USM
• Sony FE 12-24mm f/4 G
Note this zoom gear only operates with housings featuring a DL port mount. It is not intended for use with housings featuring the compact DLM port mount.
Enjoying this content? There's more where this came from on our YouTube Channel. Subscribe today!
Installing the lens and zoom gear
The 5509.32 Zoom Gear features a friction fit to zoom your lens. In this case, we're going to be using it to zoom the Canon 24-105 RF f/4 lens. Follow these simple steps to install this zoom gear on your housing.
- Assemble your housing with your camera pre-installed.
- Drop the gear sleeve down into the port opening.
- Now, place the gear sleeve retainer over top.
- Using the included tool, tighten these snuggly but not over-tight.
- Line up the red dot indicator on the lens with the corresponding one on your camera body. As you insert the lens you will notice some friction against the gear sleeve.
- Apply some downward pressure on the lens, find the bayonet, and click the lens into place.
- Using the zoom dial, confirm that your lens is zooming properly.
- Attach your dome port.
- You're ready to go!
Removing the lens
- Use the lens release control to depress the lens release button on your camera.
- Rotate your lens so that it is free of the bayonet.
- Gently rock the lens back and forth to remove it from the friction fit.
Ikelite zoom gears are affordable, simple to use, and available for a wide variety of wide angle and telephoto zoom lenses. Make sure to use the correct zoom gear for your lens by checking the appropriate Lens Port Chart for your underwater housing.
Need more help?
If you have any questions on product selection, installation, or use, please reach out to us via firstname.lastname@example.org.
Looking for more information on underwater photography? Get free underwater photography tips and techniques in your email inbox every Friday morning with the Ikelite Newsletter. Plus, we have hundreds of pages of tutorials, cheat sheets, videos, and inspiration on our website in the Ikelite Photo School.
John Brigham is the Vice President & head of product development at Ikelite. He was born with a flair for design and an entrepreneurial spirit as son of Ikelite founder Ike Brigham. He worked his way up in the business and is a natural fit in the R&D side of things. John dives the equipment as much as possible to test product and put himself in the "fins" of the user. You may also find him on the other end of an email or phone call when you reach out for product advice and support. When he's not underwater he's flying drones, setting off rockets, training his German Shepherd "T2", and spending time with his family.