April 2-3, 2022
The second annual Houston Underwater Film Festival (HUFF) is now open for submissions of original underwater videos. Anyone can enter and there are no entry fees!
HUFF aims to promote underwater film making and appreciation of the beauty and diversity of all things underwater as well as encouraging the art of underwater film making. Underwater videographers from around the world are invited to submit entries for consideration for screening.
The deadline for entries is January 11, 2022.
The festival will take place in April 2022 at the Midtown Arts and Theater Center Houston (MATCH).
- Novice - Open to new filmmakers who seek assistance in post processing. Each film will be assigned to an experienced videographer from the Houston Underwater Photographic Society who will help edit and color correct the film, add titles, music, etc.
- Fixed Lens - Films shot with cameras without interchangeable lenses. (Go Pro, SeaLife, etc.)
- Short Video - Films that are under 2 minutes length.
- Feature Length - Films that are 2-5 minutes length.
- Made in Texas - Films made by underwater videographers living in Texas
Please visit filmfreeway.com/HoustonUnderwaterFilmFestival for complete information and to submit your work.