The "Best Enthusiast DX Offering"
Nikon has finally given us a successor to the D300s camera with fantastic speed and processing power in a relatively compact and durable body. Some highlights include:
- Same 153-point Autofocus system and EXPEED 5 processor as the Nikon D5
- 4K/UHD video recording
- 20.9MP APS-C CMOS sensor
- Excellent low light performance with an ISO range of 100-51,200
- Same rugged weather sealing as the Nikon D810
The D500 is up to almost any photographic challenge.
Form + Function
The D500 slides into the form fitting housing using a simple tripod-style attachment. Controls are provided for all important camera functions and positioned intuitively to take advantage of the muscle memory you develop when using the camera on the surface. A unique universal gearing system puts zoom or focus at the tip of your finger with a brand new soft-touch, 5-lobed knob.
Take full advantage of the camera's superb autofocus system and fast continuous frame rate by using AF-ON to lock focus. A convenient lever on the side of the housing feels so natural that we promise you'll never think about half-pressing the shutter again.
O-ring channels trap dirt and debris, and cause the o-ring to twist and deform in various ways. Our unique groove-less design is the most user friendly and reliable sealing method currently available. For added assurance, the all-clear back allows you to see the o-ring form a solid, black line once the housing is sealed.
Optical slaves have come a long way, but electrical sync cords are still the fastest and most precise way to trigger a strobe under water. Each housing comes equipped with a manual flash hot shoe and Ikelite ICS-5 bulkhead. The hot shoe and bulkhead are user changeable for in-field modifications and serviceability.
An optional TTL hot shoe and Nikon TTL Converter provide industry leading accuracy in exposure when combined with a compatible Ikelite DS strobe.
The flash system is expandable with options for remote units triggered by extension cords, optical slaves, Pocket Wizards, and more. It's time to get creative with your lighting and think way beyond the classic two-strobe set-up.
Dry Lock Port System
The new Dry Lock (DL) port system builds off of our popular DLM port system for compact mirrorless cameras. Key features include:
- A unique exterior o-ring which prevents water from dripping onto your camera when the port is removed;
- Solid, sure-stop press fit with no threading, turning, or twisting of the ports or extensions;
- Built for reliability in remote locations with standard locking thumbscrews and no complex moving parts;
- Accommodates popular large diameter lenses that don't fit in the legacy Four Lock (FL) port system;
- A new compact 8" dome port provides the optical quality of a large dome with the size of a much smaller dome—perfect for close-focus wide angle work;
- The full sized DL 8" dome is less than half the weight of the FL version and several pounds lighter than the glass alternatives with nearly identical optical quality!
- The full sized DL 8" dome is able to attach directly to the housing without the use of an extension for use with a variety of super wide angle and fisheye lenses.
Optional 50FT Back
The new 50ft (15m) Water Housing version features a slimmed down acrylic back which is over 1/2 pound lighter and streamlined for use at the surface of the water, in surf and pool work. The two backs are interchangeable and can be purchased separately so you can pack lighter when shooting the whale sharks in Isle Mujeres or dolphins in the Red Sea.
Like the other manufacturers, we were born out of a passion for photography in and under water. It's our extra 50 years of experience, 100% USA-based production team, and our dedicated customer support staff that set us apart. This exciting new line of housings offer an unparalleled versatility and functionality for truly professional performance. Your Nikon D500 camera... anywhere there's water.